25 Mayıs 2014 Pazar

Tagged Under:

Interview & Evolution of From Head To Toe

By: Unknown On: 05:20
  • paylaş
  • Happy weekend everyone! I just wanted to pop in and share a recent interview I had with The Korea Times which covers my whole background and experience developing From Head To Toe.


    It's been a surreal journey going from making home videos on my Sony Cybershot and blogging in my free time after my 8-to-5 in Kansas to, well, making home videos (In HD this time! With lights! And a mic!) and sending TweetsInstagrams, and blog posts out to hundreds of thousands. It's not the numbers that give me the most pride, it's the exponential ability to send waves of positivity out that really brings a happy-tear lump to my throat.

    To read the article you can click here or the photo above. Thank you so much to Julie Carlson and The Korea Times. I am beyond honored to be featured.

    Just because it's crazy to see the changes my Youtube channel has gone through over the years, here's a look back at some of my past videos and how they've molded into what they are now!


    Uploaded September 2009, Just Mascara + Monolid Tutorial is one of the oldest tutorials I posted on Youtube that still remains on my channel. Earlier videos were deleted at one point or another before I was aware you could private them. 



    Here is my very first Urban Decay Naked Palette tutorial from almost a year later, August 2010.




    I really started falling in love with doing more dramatic K-pop inspired makeup tutorials and Rania "Dr. Feel Good" is one of my favorites from May 2011. You can see I started talking through tutorials compared to just being shy and typing out text before.


    By May 2012 I felt like I had a better hang on how to speak in front of a camera much more naturally than before. This Smoky Eye Prom Makeup Tutorial has been a great basic reference and currently has over a million views.



    In June 2013 I was living in my first LA apartment with my amazing husband Ben manning the camera which, as you can clearly see, improved things quite a bit! It's only fitting that I share my Bridal Makeup Tutorial.



    I suppose that brings us up to date to 2014 and my current videos. I've expanded my range coveringmakeup tutorialsfashion lookbooksmakeup basicshair tutorialstagshaulsmonthly favorites, and even my morning routine


    We are constantly thinking of video ideas and new ways to improve and grow everything about From Head To Toe and I only hope that we can push ourselves further in the years to come. My dream was and is to help women (and men) feel more confident in themselves both inside and out and I feel blessed beyond words to be doing something that I love every single day. 

    I thank God that I have you guys reading, watching, supporting, and sharing because it's not me that's making my dreams happen, it's you. I can't make a single person subscribe but I can say THANK YOU! With a humble and forever grateful heart, thank you.

    Readers, what is your all-time favorite video or blog post I've done? What would you like to see more of in the future? Let me know in the comments!






    0 评论:

    Yorum Gönder