20 Nisan 2014 Pazar

Tagged Under:

Good Friday

By: Unknown On: 19:36
  • paylaş
  • Hello Lovelies,
    Yesterday I finally got round to putting up some Easter decorations. Each year when  Mr BM trims our Silver Birch tree I choose a branch to bring indoors. Usually it's a bare branch , or one with a few catkins. HERE is my first ever version.

    This year Easter is quite late and my branch has leaves.......I LOVE it :0)


    My home made MILK BOTTLE makes a perfect container so I can keep it watered and stop the leaves from wilting..........


    I've added fewer decorations than usual, but I couldn't leave out last years make ...my MINI CROCHET BIRDS............


    After the "tree" was decorated I was keen to go out somewhere as the weather was lovely and hubby was off work.
    In the week I had mentioned the possibility of another National Trust adventure to my boys only to be met with objections.........sigh..........it's a tricky time these teen/tween years. I don't want them to resent our outings and I know they generally find it quite interesting once they are there. But they were not to be cajoled.

    On this occasion I decided what would make me happiest was to see them outside somewhere. Balancing the screen time with some green time. Getting some exercise and not missing out on the natural beauty that is so abundant at the moment.
    So we ended up at our local park.....somewhere they are usually happy to go, thank goodness...not quite the adventure I had hoped for but lovely all the same.

    The tiny Speedwell looked pretty in the sunshine..........

    Such a gorgeous blue.

    And the open areas were a mass of Daisies and Dandelions.........


    I walked with eldest while the other two played ball with their Dad. It was warm out of the wind and once again I spotted really lovely woodwork that I hadn't noticed before............


    These trees were looking wonderful with their pale green leaves just opening up. I'm sure some of you lovelies will know what sort of tree this is............


    We fed the Ducks and I loved the warm afternoon light............



    It made all the ripples so defined and the water looked wonderfully clear...........



    Then in the early evening we got a call from my niece.........would we like to meet them at the pub? It was a beautiful evening, we were happy to say yes.

    The pub is about one and a half miles from home and we decided to walk the footpath way. I've brought you lovelies here before, but it was so nice seeing it in the evening light..........


    And walking as a group of five..........

    Thought I can only see four shadows here.

    The crops are already getting tall..........


    We climbed stiles..........


    And wandered through this quiet glade, the Willow Trees are already looking lovely...........


    I loved our unplanned and spontaneous adventure........sometimes they are the best sort..........


    And at the end of it was a refreshing drink :0)




    The beer garden had some new play equipment and the boys and their cousins had a great time. I lined them up for a group photo ....as I usually do. My how they have grown. Once again I felt surprised that our children are changing so quickly.

    We walked home the road way as dusk fell. It was chilly



     but a  lovely end to what turned out to be a really good Friday.
    Happy Easter Lovelies
    Jacquie x



    http://bunnymummy-jacquie.blogspot.com/2014/04/good-friday.html

    0 评论:

    Yorum Gönder